Camp Staff Opportunities
2019 Camp Staff Opportunities
The Garden State Council is currently seeking quality individuals to serve as members of the 2019 Camp Staff. Serving as a member of the Camp Staff is a great opportunity! Not only will you have fun and develop many great leadership skills, but you will also make many new friends as you make a difference in the lives of many Scouts and Leaders.
*Note: if you are a parent looking to volunteer for one of our exciting Cub Scout Summer Camp Programs, you do not need to apply for a Camp Staff position. You should register online as a volunteer while you are registering your child(ren) for camp. Visit www.GardenStateScouting.org/SummerCamp.
Why Apply to Serve on Camp Staff?
Here are some of the countless reasons why individuals throughout the country have served on Camp Staff:
- To make lots of new friends in your area, other states, and even other countries
- To spend a summer in the great outdoors where nature prevails
- To acquire experiential education (learning by doing) and new skills that will last a lifetime
- To be part of an effective team and to cooperate with others to get things done
- To learn how to lead others and to apply leadership skills
- To undertake and fulfill meaningful challenges and to earn the satisfaction of doing a job well
- To work with youth and adults of all ages
- To serve others (the most noble and fulfilling pursuit of all)
- To give something back for the opportunities you have received
- To live in a wholesome environment based on the Scout Oath and Scout Law
- To have meaningful spiritual experiences
- To have the advice, counsel, and support of senior staff who are dedicated to helping you succeed
- To be paid and receive food and lodging in return for something challenging and fun (Note: Food & lodging only applies to Camp Staff working in Resident Camp Programs)
- To be considered for jobs of greater responsibility and to receive letters of recommendation for other pursuits
To serve as a member of the Camp Staff, you must:
- be a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America, or be willing to register if offered a position.
- live by the Scout Oath & Law, and have a desire to grow the Scouting Program.
- meet any age or certification requirements for the position sought/offered (Many positions are age 15 & up; some positions are 18/21 & up).
- abide by the Camp Staff Guidelines and Code of Conduct
- be willing to have fun!
What Camps & Programs are there?
The Garden State Council offers a variety of Scouting programs throughout the summer at each of the following properties:
- Camp Roosevelt, Roosevelt Scout Reservation (BOY SCOUT CAMP)
- Camp Grice, Roosevelt Scout Reservation (CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP)
- Pine Hill Scout Reservation (CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP)
- Pine Tree Education & Environmental Center (CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP)
- Offsite Day Camp at Belleplain State Park (CUB SCOUT DAY CAMP)
Scouting Programs Currently slated for 2019 include:
- Scouts BSA Resident Camp
- Cub Scout Day Camp
- Cub Family Overnighter
- Webelos Resident Camp
How to Apply & Interview Information
If you are interested in working with Cub Scouts at Day Camp, Cub Overnighter, or any of our Twilight Camps, please contact Janet.Boris@Scouting.org. The 2019 Camp Staff Application is specific to Roosevelt.
You may complete the 2019 Camp Staff Application online by clicking the button below.
Open interviews will be offered at the following time. You do not need an appointment prior to attending.
Camp Roosevelt Interviews
January 5, 2019 9 am to Noon
Loren S. Riggins Jr. Scout Resource Center
January 10, 2019 6 pm to 9 pm
Rowan Scout Service Center
CLICK THIS LINK BELOW FOR THE CAMP STAFF APPLICATION
Roosevelt's Rangers Leadership Corps
The Roosevelt's Rangers Leadership Corps is a program offered at Camp for Scouts who have an interest in joining the Camp Roosevelt Summer Camp Staff in the future. This program is open to Scouts 14 years of age or older. Participants will attend camp during all 5 weeks of program. Scouts will have the opportunity to train in leadership and presentation skills, while experiencing all areas of camp. Space is limited for this program and Scouts interested are asked to attend one of the camp staff interview dates (listed above). There may be a fee for this program to help cover food and program costs.